We are David Neal Dental. In this Privacy notice “we” “our” “us” refers to David Neal Dental. Under the General Data Protection Regulation we are committed to ensure your privacy is protected. Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Lisa Bowyer, Practice Manager and she can be contacted by email at email@example.com.
Who is this Policy for?
The collection of personal information
We collect personal information from you so that we can respond to your information requests and offer you the best possible levels of service. We also use information to help manage our marketing activities. The collected information is stored on our secure database. We may collect information in the following ways:
- Website – if you complete a form on our website, such as “Contact Us” This information is stored on the server before being stored on our secure database. Our website records IP addresses and browsers used.
- Information entered onto completed forms via Facebook, download requests, surveys etc.
- Emails – if you contact us via email, provide your email address to us, or respond to one of our marketing emails.
- Postal, telephone or face to face contact.
We will retain your information all the while we are corresponding with you and then your details will be stored on a secure server. You may request deletion of this information at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org If David Neal Dental has been providing you with health care we will retain your information for a period of 11 years after your last visit or, in the case of a child, when the age of 25 is reached.
What information do we store?
We process two categories of personal information:
- Standard personal information, for example, information we use to contact you, identify you or manage our relationship with you.
- Special categories of information e.g. health information. We may get this information from medical history forms you have filled in, from notes and reports about your health and any treatment and care you have received or need.
David Neal Dental processes personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all the following:
- Where the processing enables David Neal Dental to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve the website, its services or communications.
- To identify and prevent fraud.
- To enhance the security of David Neal Dental’s network and information systems to better understand how people interact with David Neal Dental’s website.
- To administer the website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing; and to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Where we store your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All information concerning financial transactions is be secured according to the data protection policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. David Neal Dental never shares or sells your information to any third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- To provide you and others with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between us
- To help us target our marketing activities more effectively
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you (or any third party from whom you are acting) choose to do so
- To notify you of changes to our service
- As may be required in law.
Information is stored until it is no longer relevant.
- Analyse behaviour on our website so we can improve our website and marketing activities
- Estimate our audience size and user patterns
- Store information about your preferences so we can customise our site according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
David Neal Dental have an active presence on social media pages such as Facebook and Twitter. We do not have control of the terms, conditions or privacy policies of these platforms. Nor do we have control over how they may track or use your personal information. David Neal Dental do not ask for personal information in personal forums such as social media pages. We also use social media platforms for marketing purposes as part of our overall marketing activity.
Agencies acting on behalf of David Neal Dental
A small number of marketing agencies work with us on our behalf. On occasion they may have access to data. E.g. To create “lookalike” audiences for market targeting purposes or use of patient photographs (where permission is granted) for design purposes. These agencies never use the data for their own marketing purposes and data is deleted once used.
Your rights in respect of your data
Data Opt-Out Policy
How the NHS and care services use your information
David Neal Dental is one of many organisations working in the health and care system to improve care for patients and the public. Whenever you use a health or care service, such as attending Accident & Emergency or using Community Care services, important information about you is collected in a patient record for that service. Collecting this information helps to ensure you get the best possible care and treatment. The information collected about you when you use these services can also be used and provided to other organisations for purposes beyond your individual care, for instance to help with:
- Improving the quality and standards of care provided
- Research into the development of new treatments
- Preventing illness and diseases
- Monitoring safety
- Planning services
This may only take place when there is a clear legal basis to use this information. All these uses help to provide better health and care for you, your family and future generations. Confidential patient information about your health and care is only used like this where allowed by law.
Most of the time, anonymised data is used for research and planning so that you cannot be identified in which case your confidential patient information isn’t needed.
- See what is meant by confidential patient information
- Find examples of when confidential patient information is used for individual care and examples of when it is used for purposes beyond individual care
- Find out more about the benefits of sharing data
- Understand more about who uses the data
- Find out how your data is protected
- Be able to access the system to view, set or change your opt-out setting
- Find the contact telephone number if you want to know any more or to set/change your opt-out by phone
- See the situations where the opt-out will not apply
You can also find out more about how patient information is used at:https://understandingpatientdata.org.uk/what-you-need-know (which covers how and why patient information is used, the safeguards and how decisions are made)
You can change your mind about your choice at any time.
Data being used or shared for purposes beyond individual care does not include your data being shared with insurance companies or used for marketing purposes and data would only be used in this way with your specific agreement.
Health and care organisations have until 2020 to put systems and processes in place so they can be compliant with the national data opt-out and apply your choice to any confidential patient information they use or share for purposes beyond your individual care.
Our practice only uses your personal health data to provide individualised care to you and does not disclose your data for any other purposes. The national data opt-out does not apply to our usage of your data and we are compliant with the policy.
Privacy Notice for Children
The practice keeps records of your name, address, date of birth and details of any health problems as well as details of your dental treatment and details about your family. We keep this information so that we can provide you with the best dental care. Your personal information is kept very confidentially and securely. We only use your personal information so we can give you the best dental care and for sending reminders to you. We only pass your personal information to another dentist, doctor or hospital if you have a problem that needs their special skills and you need to go and see them. We will not give your information to anyone else unless the law allows us to or we have to provide it for legal reasons. If you leave the practice, we will stop using your information, but will keep it confidentially and securely until you are 25 years old, when we will review if and when we can delete it. You can always ask for a copy of the information we hold for you, we can transfer it to another dentist or doctor at your request and you can ask us to stop using your personal information to send letters or contact you in other ways if you are no longer a patient at the practice. When you reach 18 years of age the Privacy Notice about how we process your personal information will change to the adult version. This can be found on our website (above).
Patients can request a copy of our Freedom of Information Publication scheme by emailing Lisa@davidnealdental.co.uk. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you or if you have any other enquiries it about such as to change an error in your information or to provide a copy of your information to somebody else please contact:
The Information Governance Lead, David Neal Dental, 81 Bow Street, Langport, Somerset, TA10 9PR
Email: email@example.com. Phone: 01458 253888.
Updated June 2021